Quantcast

Centos 7 Samba4 SSL/TLS Support?

Samba - General mailing list
 Hi.

 Following this document:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_LDAP_over_SSL_(LDAPS)_on_a_Samba_AD_DC

 I have a Centos 7.x with samba4.4.4 with openldap 2.4.40.

 If I run the command:

 smbd -b | grep "ENABLE_GNUTLS"

 I don't get any answer, this mean that samba doesn't have ssl support?

 Thanks for your time.

--
LIving the dream...

Re: Centos 7 Samba4 SSL/TLS Support?

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:21:33 -0700
Alberto Moreno via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi.
>
>  Following this document:
>

> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_LDAP_over_SSL_(LDAPS)_on_a_Samba_AD_DC
>
>  I have a Centos 7.x with samba4.4.4 with openldap 2.4.40.

You don't have an AD DC!

>  If I run the command:
>
>  smbd -b | grep "ENABLE_GNUTLS"
>
>  I don't get any answer, this mean that samba doesn't have ssl
> support?

Probably, not that it matters, did I mention that you do not have an AD
DC.

Re: Centos 7 Samba4 SSL/TLS Support?

Samba - General mailing list
No I don't have a AD.
This only apply to AD environment only?
In our case we are a NT4 style, samba4 can talk to a ldap over ssl them?
thanks.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Rowland Penny <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:21:33 -0700
> Alberto Moreno via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >  Hi.
> >
> >  Following this document:
> >

> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_LDAP_over_SSL_
> (LDAPS)_on_a_Samba_AD_DC
> >
> >  I have a Centos 7.x with samba4.4.4 with openldap 2.4.40.
>
> You don't have an AD DC!
>

> >  If I run the command:
> >
> >  smbd -b | grep "ENABLE_GNUTLS"
> >
> >  I don't get any answer, this mean that samba doesn't have ssl
> > support?
>
> Probably, not that it matters, did I mention that you do not have an AD
> DC.

LIving the dream...

Re: Centos 7 Samba4 SSL/TLS Support?

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 10:43:55 -0700
Alberto Moreno via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No I don't have a AD.
> This only apply to AD environment only?

The link you posted is only for an AD DC

> In our case we are a NT4 style, samba4 can talk to a ldap over ssl

If you are using Samba 4 as an NT4-style PDC, then you should just set
smb.conf as before. i.e. set ldap up to use ldaps

Re: Centos 7 Samba4 SSL/TLS Support?

Samba - General mailing list
Thanks for the answer.