Quantcast

Can I authenthicate Dovecot users inn samba4 LDAP

Can I authenthicate Dovecot users inn samba4 LDAP

Chirana Gheorghita Eugeniu Theodor
Hello,

I am at second samba 4 install and alpha7 is really better. Congratts
and looking forward for a produv=ction release.

I have a question: How Can I authenticate dovecot users in samba's4 ldap????

And how can I set the password for the Manager user in LDAP because
connecting with cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com does not work

Best regards,
Theodor

Re: Can I authenthicate Dovecot users inn samba4 LDAP

Scott Lovenberg wrote:

>> I have a question: How Can I authenticate dovecot users in samba's4
>> ldap????
>>

> What I do with Samba 3 is use Dovecot -> PAM -> nsswitch -> winbind.
>
> This should still work for Samba 4 (/I would think, please correct me
> if I'm wrong!/), and allows local or remote
> authentication/authorization to any domain member server without the
> need to reconfigure the chain.
Samba4AD has it's own LDAp server implementation and I cannot use PAM
because I run Slackware and I prefer not to mess with Pam in slack. I
could not figure how can I connect to tha LDAP server of Samba4AD.