CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
Hi Folks

Does anyone have a preference for the December Drinks Venue, or should i
just find somewhere suitable that's open next Thursday (28th) and make a
booking for a table of 10 or so people?

regards

Steve

Re: CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
Hey Steve:

> Does anyone have a preference for the December Drinks Venue, or should i
> just find somewhere suitable that's open next Thursday (28th) and make a
> booking for a table of 10 or so people?

A crowded, noisy environment would quickly wear me out. So at Bent
Spoke, I'd request _outside_.
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/

Re: CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
On 21/12/17 17:58, Steve Walsh via linux wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> Does anyone have a preference for the December Drinks Venue, or should i just find somewhere suitable that's open next Thursday (28th) and make a booking for a table of 10 or so people?
>
> regards
>
> Steve

Will there be a CLUG meeting this month? If not then I may join the "drinkers"
this time for a chat and dinner (will the venue offer some food?).

cheers

--
Eyal Lebedinsky ([hidden email])

Re: CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
On 21 December 2017 at 17:58, Steve Walsh via linux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> Does anyone have a preference for the December Drinks Venue, or should i
> just find somewhere suitable that's open next Thursday (28th) and make a
> booking for a table of 10 or so people?

Sound good to me!

Simon

Re: CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
There's enough interest that I'll starting looking for a venue that does
both food and drink, and has the option of quiet outdoor seating
(although most places tend to develop an atmosphere of their own,
especially if the Boxing Day test is coming down to the wire).

stay tune for more information.
On 22/12/17 09:31, Simon Oxwell wrote:

> On 21 December 2017 at 17:58, Steve Walsh via linux
>
>     Hi Folks
>
>     Does anyone have a preference for the December Drinks Venue, or
>     should i just find somewhere suitable that's open next Thursday
>     (28th) and make a booking for a table of 10 or so people?
>

> Sound good to me!
>

> Simon

Re: CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
Excellent!

On 22 December 2017 at 17:15, Steve Walsh via linux <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> There's enough interest that I'll starting looking for a venue that does
> both food and drink, and has the option of quiet outdoor seating (although
> most places tend to develop an atmosphere of their own, especially if the
> Boxing Day test is coming down to the wire).
>
> stay tune for more information.
> On 22/12/17 09:31, Simon Oxwell wrote:
>

>> On 21 December 2017 at 17:58, Steve Walsh via linux <
>> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Folks
>>
>>     Does anyone have a preference for the December Drinks Venue, or
>>     should i just find somewhere suitable that's open next Thursday
>>     (28th) and make a booking for a table of 10 or so people?
>>

>> Sound good to me!
>>

>> Simon

  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn
  Those to whom evil is done
  Do evil in return" W.H. Auden, "September 1, 1939"

Re: CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
I've booked a table at Bentspoke Braddon from 6pm tomorrow (28th) night.
Unfortunately, they don't take bookings for outdoor tables of an
evening, but if someone wanted to get there earlier and claim an outside
table, that person is more than welcome to, and we can just release the
table booking.

Other wise, there's a table for 10 people booked in my name upstairs
from 6pm. it doesn't matter if we get more than 10, but at least this
way, we have laid claim to a space.

regards

On 22/12/17 17:15, Steve Walsh via linux wrote:

> There's enough interest that I'll starting looking for a venue that
> does both food and drink, and has the option of quiet outdoor seating
> (although most places tend to develop an atmosphere of their own,
> especially if the Boxing Day test is coming down to the wire).
>
> stay tune for more information.
> On 22/12/17 09:31, Simon Oxwell wrote:
>>

>> On 21 December 2017 at 17:58, Steve Walsh via linux
>>
>>     Hi Folks
>>
>>     Does anyone have a preference for the December Drinks Venue, or
>>     should i just find somewhere suitable that's open next Thursday
>>     (28th) and make a booking for a table of 10 or so people?
>>

>> Sound good to me!
>>

>> Simon

Re: CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
Thanks, Steve:

> Unfortunately, they don't take bookings for outdoor tables of an
> evening, but if someone wanted to get there earlier and claim an outside
> table, that person is more than welcome to, and we can just release the
> table booking.

I'll try to do that. But I don't have working mobile communications to
tell the list!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/

Re: CLUG December Drinks

Samba - linux mailing list
Bryan,

You're unmistakeable, so I think most people will spot you when they turn
up.