Blank CD-R Disc

Samba - linux mailing list
I have a laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. To back up, I ran "deja-dup",
whose folder contents are 568.9 GB. And I inserted a new CD-ROM disk,
specified thus.

{Benq
Up to 52 X
CD-R 700 MB}

Then two windows launched:
"Blank CD-R Disk"; and
"Unable to mount Blank CD-R Disk: Location is already mounted".

I tried to format it using CD/DVD Creator.
Resulting in "Error formatting volume";
"Error wiping device: Command-line `wipefs -a "/dev/sr0"' exited with
non-zero exit status 1: wipefs: error: /dev/sr0: probing initialisation
failed: Read-only file system
  (udisks-error-quark, 0)"!

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/

Re: Blank CD-R Disc

Samba - linux mailing list
On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 01:45:06 +1000
"Bryan Kilgallin \(iiNet\) via linux" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. To back up, I ran "deja-dup",
> whose folder contents are 568.9 GB. And I inserted a new CD-ROM disk,
> specified thus.
>
> {Benq
> Up to 52 X
> CD-R 700 MB}
>
> Then two windows launched:
> "Blank CD-R Disk"; and
> "Unable to mount Blank CD-R Disk: Location is already mounted".
>
> I tried to format it using CD/DVD Creator.
> Resulting in "Error formatting volume";
> "Error wiping device: Command-line `wipefs -a "/dev/sr0"' exited with
> non-zero exit status 1: wipefs: error: /dev/sr0: probing
> initialisation failed: Read-only file system
>   (udisks-error-quark, 0)"!

I get this all the time, just dismiss the dialog and proceed with your
burning software.

Owen

Re: Blank CD-R Disc

Samba - linux mailing list
Thanks Owen:

> I get this all the time, just dismiss the dialog and proceed with your
> burning software.
I got Brasero going, and burned the disk with that.
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/