Best method to do MsChapv2 against AD is SMB-RPC or TCP-RPC

Best method to do MsChapv2 against AD is SMB-RPC or TCP-RPC

I am working on a decade older project, wherein I see that for MschapV2
authentication, NetrLogonSamLogon  rpc message and its preceding rpc
messages like Bind, NetrServerReqChallenge, NetrServerAuthenticate2 are
sent over SMB.

But when I see samba, the above mentioned RPCs are sent directly over TCP.

I am a bit confused here. Which is the best method to go ahead.
I understand this question is not about samba, but a bit of help from
experts will be really valuable.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: Best method to do MsChapv2 against AD is SMB-RPC or TCP-RPC

Samba - General mailing list
On Wed, 2017-07-19 at 19:51 +0530, Paul Simon via samba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a decade older project, wherein I see that for MschapV2
> authentication, NetrLogonSamLogon  rpc message and its preceding rpc
> messages like Bind, NetrServerReqChallenge, NetrServerAuthenticate2 are
> sent over SMB.
>
> But when I see samba, the above mentioned RPCs are sent directly over TCP.
>
> I am a bit confused here. Which is the best method to go ahead.
> I understand this question is not about samba, but a bit of help from
> experts will be really valuable.

Either will work fine.  Use whichever is easiest for you to code and
access.

Re: Best method to do MsChapv2 against AD is SMB-RPC or TCP-RPC

Samba - General mailing list
Thank you.