Quantcast

Are there some relations between the parameter "obey pam restrictions" and "force create mode" ?

Are there some relations between the parameter "obey pam restrictions" and "force create mode" ?

Samba - samba-technical mailing list

Hi all:
     Thanks for your attention.I have a question about the parameter "obey pam restrictions" and "force create mode".when I set "obey pam restrictions = yes" and "force create mode = 0777" in the smb.conf, I create a file in the shared folder in windows7 but the file mode is 755.However, if I set "obey pam restrictions = no" and "force create mode = 0777" in the smb.conf, the mode of the file which is created in the shared folder is 777.Are there some relation between the two parameters?
     Best regards!

本邮件及其附件含有杭州华三通信技术有限公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出
的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、
或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本
邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from H3C, which is
intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by phone or email immediately and delete it!

Re: Are there some relations between the parameter "obey pam restrictions" and "force create mode" ?

Samba - samba-technical mailing list
Hello samba Team,

Doing Great work, Keep that up!!!

Any updates on this, I am also keen to know about the same.

Thanks

Amit

--
Thanks