[Announce] Samba 4.5.5 Available for Download

[Announce] Samba 4.5.5 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger-2
                    "Yesterday is not ours to recover,
                     but tomorrow is ours to win or
                     lose."

                     Lyndon B. Johnson

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.5 release series.

Samba 4.5.4 erroneously included a rewrite of the vfs_fruit module.
This patchset will be reverted with this release, because it needs to pass the
review process first. If you are using the vfs_fruit module, please do not use
Samba 4.5.4.

Changes since 4.5.4:
--------------------

o  Amitay Isaacs <[hidden email]>
   * BUG 12469: ctdb-locking: Explicitly unlock record/db in lock helper.

o  Bj√∂rn Jacke <[hidden email]>
   * BUG 12535: vfs_default: Unlock the right file in copy chunk.

o  Martin Schwenke <[hidden email]>
   * BUG 12512: ctdb-scripts: Fix remaining uses of "ctdb gratiousarp".
   * BUG 12516: /etc/iproute2/rt_tables gets populated with multiple
     'default' entries.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 and newer product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.5.5.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy