Administrative permisions

Samba - General mailing list
Good evening!
I have installed samba 4.3.0pre1-GIT-6bbfb09 on centos 6.6 like active directory and domain controller.
It turns out that, the past wednesday I lost  the administrative permissions of theadministrator and domain admins users.
When I try to make a change at Remote Server Administration tool over one domain user says this: " the access rights are insufficient to carry out this operation." . But the user that I using is a domain admins user.
How I Can resolv this??

José Fermín Francisco Ferreras Registered User #579535 (LinuxCounter.net)

Re: Administrative permisions

Samba - General mailing list
On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 01:44:53 +0000 (UTC)
Fermin Francisco via samba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good evening!
> I have installed samba 4.3.0pre1-GIT-6bbfb09 on centos 6.6 like

Are you sure about the version ?
If you are, where did you get it from ?
Samba 4.3.x went EOL in March of this year, the latest version is 4.7.4

> active directory and domain controller. It turns out that, the past
> wednesday I lost  the administrative permissions of theadministrator
> and domain admins users. When I try to make a change at Remote Server
> Administration tool over one domain user says this: " the access
> rights are insufficient to carry out this operation." . But the user
> that I using is a domain admins user.

Just because a windows user is a member of a windows group doesn't
mean that the user can do things on Unix.

If you are using 4.3, can I suggest you upgrade to a supported version
and then read this:

 https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs#Granting_the_SeDiskOperatorPrivilege_Privilege