Active Directory

Parker, Matt-2
Our client is using the Active Roles product to set policies on a user
in their Active Directory. The policy limits the  servers that a user
can access a network share drive from.  When I initiate a file copy
using a simple jcifs program I get sporadic results, even with the
jcifs.netbios.hostname property set.  The copy will work once or twice
then timeout the rest of the tests.  I am just running the test java pgm
from the unix command line manually.

Are there any other settings I need to consider to make the copy work
every time.

Thanks,
Matt

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Re: Active Directory

Michael B Allen-4
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:23:09 -0500
"Parker, Matt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Our client is using the Active Roles product to set policies on a user
> in their Active Directory. The policy limits the  servers that a user
> can access a network share drive from.  When I initiate a file copy
> using a simple jcifs program I get sporadic results, even with the
> jcifs.netbios.hostname property set.  The copy will work once or twice
> then timeout the rest of the tests.  I am just running the test java pgm
> from the unix command line manually.
>
> Are there any other settings I need to consider to make the copy work
> every time.

It's very strange that access control policy would cause something to
work sporadically. Perhaps you should get a packet capture [1].

Mike

http://jcifs.samba.org/capture.html