Quantcast

About reverse zone in the dns

Samba - General mailing list
Hi

By not appearing as zone by default in the integrated dns to samba 4
(BIND9_DLZ), is then added manually and it works perfectly; to join a
second domain controller and perform the relevant steps are added the
second domain controller as in the reverse zone is not the same as NS. How
do I add it?

cd1.abc.cu and cd2.abc.cu

In the direct zone in the dns

Name server (NS) cd1.abc.cu
Name server (NS) cd2.abc.cu

cd1 A 192.168.58.2
cd2 A 192.168.58.3

In the reversezone in the dns

Name server (NS) cd1.abc.cu
Name server (NS) cd2.abc.cu <-- It does not appear

192.168.58.2 PTR cd1.abc.cu
192.168.58.2 PTR cd2.abc.cu

How I can fix this?

Regards

Re: About reverse zone in the dns

Samba - General mailing list
Hello Leonidch,

Am 17.03.2017 um 18:13 schrieb Leonidch via samba:
> By not appearing as zone by default in the integrated dns to samba 4
> (BIND9_DLZ), is then added manually and it works perfectly; to join a
> second domain controller and perform the relevant steps are added the
> second domain controller as in the reverse zone is not the same as NS. How
> do I add it?

Sorry, I really had problems to understand what you are asking for.

Do you want to add the PTR record for the second DC?
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/DNS_Administration#Adding_new_records_2

Regards,
Marc