AD-DC configuration backup

Samba-AD-DC is working great for us here. All integration working as
expected.

However one small issue. We attempted to use "samba_backup" script to
backup the configuration data. It works fine. However, when we set it as
a cronjob, the cron triggers at the given time during the day, but the
samba_backup script fails to execute. No logs either.

All other cronjobs, like rsync for Group Policies are all working fine,
but this one fails although the cron is triggered.

The OS : CentOS 7.3 (buld 1611)

Any suggestions?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Anantha Raghava

Re: AD-DC configuration backup

Samba - General mailing list
Hi Anantha,

Am 12.09.2017 um 04:11 schrieb Anantha Raghava via samba:
> However one small issue. We attempted to use "samba_backup" script to
> backup the configuration data. It works fine. However, when we set it as
> a cronjob, the cron triggers at the given time during the day, but the
> samba_backup script fails to execute. No logs either.

Does Cron knows the path to all utilities, such as tdbbackup, that are
used in the script? If not, add a $PATH variable at the beginning of
your crontab. For example:
PATH=/usr/local/samba/bin/:/usr/local/samba/sbin/:$PATH

Alternatively, run the script in debug mode to see what fails:
0 0 * * *   /bin/bash -x /path/to/samba_backup > /tmp/samba_backup.log 2>&1

Regards,
Marc

Re: AD-DC configuration backup

You can try the adjusted script.

https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/tree/master/backup-script

I collects all needed commands, and it logs to syslog with logger.
I just have not tested it on Centos.
Run it with --debug and get the console messages.

Greetz,

Louis